Fresh From Florida Recipes with Chef Justin Timineri
Honey Orange Glazed Florida Grouper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 pound grouper fillets
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients except grouper, mixing well.
- Place fillets on an oiled broiler pan and brush fillets with honey glaze to cover. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 4 to five minutes until browned. Turn fillets, brush with honey glaze and broil additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Arugula and Florida Berry Salad with Candied Pecans
- 16 ounces arugula, rinsed and drained
- 1 dozen Florida strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup Florida blueberries
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add arugula, lemon juice and olive oil. Lightly toss the arugula to coat and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Serve on four chilled plates. Add an even amount of the dressed arugula to the center of each plate. Arrange an even amount of citrus, blueberries and strawberries in a decorative manner on each plate. Evenly distribute the crumbled goat cheese over the top of each salad. Garnish each salad with a few of the candied pecans. Serve salad chilled.
Justin Timineri is a certified executive chef, author, award winner, teacher and television personality. In 2006 he won the Great American Seafood Cook Off in New Orleans where he held the title of having the country’s best domestic seafood dish.
Currently he is an international culinary ambassador representing the State of Florida and the “Fresh From Florida” brand. His mission is to encourage everyone to rediscover fresh, healthy Florida cuisine.
To view other seasonal recipes from Chef Timineri, visit: Fresh From Florida